The Johnson Vegetable Farm Store
Get Your Fall Décor
We have ornamental corn stalk bundles, several types of gourds, small to large bales of straw, as well as a wide variety of shapes and sizes of pumpkins available for fall crafts and decorations.
Johnson Farms features various U-pick opportunities through the summer and fall:
Walt’s Wild Wagon Ride
Weekly: no reservations, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. through October 31
Reserved rides: reservations are from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Mon-Friday.
Contact us to schedule group wagon rides during the week, perfect for school groups (all ages!), aftercare groups, church groups, and parties!
U-pick without the ride is walk-in. Enjoy the farm experience, take some pictures, Wheelbarrows are provided. No activities are included except a 1/2 mile sorghum field trail run where you can burn off excess energy.
Our Covid Rules
- Wear masks while on wagon or at check stand areas.
- Provide distance between your group and others while on the farm.
- Wearing good grade gloves that you remove after visiting may provide a little more caution, but is optional.
More Fun Than You Can Stand!
Load up buckets with miniature pumpkins and hit as many targets and scarecrows as you can as we move briskly toward the pumpkin patch. Expect an unforgettable adventure as we whiz through the twists and turns. Have a blast at the pumpkin patch launching mini pumpkins at our bungee range. Pick your Halloween pumpkins to take home. We suggest bringing your camera for the many great photo opportunities!
- Hay Rides: $10 per person, free for children under two years of age
- Discounts available for groups of 10 or more on weekdays
- Pumpkin Train: $7
- Child-friendly fun for the whole family
- U-pick pumpkins 10 ¢/lb off with hay ride
- An unforgettable fall tradition for hundreds of families
- Bungee launching at the pumpkin patch
- Corn trail hide and seek field fun
Walt’s Wild Wagon Ride is great for group events:
- Birthday parties
- School field trips
- Church group events
- Family get-togethers
- Business get-togethers
Wild Walt’s suggestions:
Weekdays are less crowded. Rides are available all day as demand dictates.
- Purchasing pumpkins early provides better selection.
- Washing and bleaching pumpkins and storing them in the garage until later helps them cure better, and minimizes theft from deer munching or vandalism and rot.
- Add interest to your displays with our red, white, pink, gray, or bloodshot eye pumpkins, ornamental corn, corn stalk bundles, or extra large tall giant pumpkins(40-70 lbs.)
- Most of our non-orange decorative pumpkins are actually edible squash which can be consumed in November to January.
- Try appeasing the kids desire to carve their bigger pumpkins by getting a couple smaller sizes to either paint or cut. We have some nice 5-7 lb sizes, nicely shaped: tall or perfectly round, or perhaps some of the mini pumpkins to put by the nightstand .
Walt’s Greenhouse Enclosed Hay Maze
Chase your friends and discover tunnels, caves and secret chambers at Walt’s Green House Hay Maze. Because the maze is in a green house, our 1500 bales of hay stays nice and dry in case rain occurs during your visit.
Contact us to reserve the hay maze party area for your group.
Get Your Pumpkin
Our four-acre pumpkin patch is full of pumpkins ready to be taken home! Get a 25% discount on your U-pick pumpkin with the purchase of Walt’s Wild Wagon Ride.
- Miniatures (orange and white)
- 10-20 pound small pumpkins
- 10-80 pound Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkins
(Round, misshapen and tall varieties)
- 30 pounds and larger pumpkins
- 200-600 pound Behemoth Pumpkins
- Pie Pumpkins (carving or eating)
- Knuckle Heads (Warty green on orange)
- Red Cinderella’s