A warm and flavorful healthy recipe for wintertime.
- 1 butternut squash, halved vertically and seeded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- Cumin (added to taste)
- Cinnamon (added to taste)
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Heat oven to 425°F. Roast the butternut squash with one table spoon of melted butter, cut-side up for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions in the rest of the butter in a large sauce pan. Add cinnamon and cumin to your taste.
- When the squash is ready, set it aside until it is cool enough to handle. Scoop out the squash into the saucepan with the sautéed onions, discarding the squash skins.
- Add the chicken broth and stir occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until there are no large pieces of squash. Serve hot.